As Seen In...
Houston Developer Opens Doors in April for Area's '��Largest Home Tour'
March 05, 2013
(Houston, TX – Feb. 13, 2013) Everything really is bigger in Texas and no home tour will be more immense than the one planned by The Johnson Development Corp. in April.
The long-time Houston land developer is opening 84 model homes and more than 300 available homes throughout the area weekends in April for “Houston’s Largest Home Tour.” Homes will be open 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Saturdays and noon to 6 p.m. Sundays. Admission is free.
“Thousands of design ideas featured in our fully decorated model homes will inspire tour visitors,” said Doug Goff, senior vice president and chief operating officer of The Johnson Development Corp. “With communities throughout the Houston area, the public can tour homes in their immediate vicinity one weekend and then explore a new part of Houston the next.”
Seven Johnson Development communities are participating in the tour, including three ranked among the nation’s top-selling developments. They are:
• Cross Creek Ranch, a 3,200-acre community in Fulshear, just minutes west of the Grand Parkway off of FM 1093. Among the region’s 10 top-selling communities, Cross Creek Ranch has been named Houston’s 2011 Master-Planned Community of the Year by the Greater Houston Builders Association.
• Fall Creek, a 2,300-acre development in northeast Houston just inside Beltway 8. Fall Creek surrounds the acclaimed Redstone Golf Club, home of the Shell Houston Open.
• Harmony, a 1,000-acre community located in north Houston just five miles east of Interstate 45 near the new ExxonMobil campus. Harmony also is near the Spring Creek Greenway, a 12,000-acre nature preserve for hiking, biking, fishing and bird watching.
• Riverstone, a 3,700-acre project located in Fort Bend County just minutes from U.S. 59 and the Fort Bend Parkway. Riverstone is Johnson Development’s top-selling community, ranked No. 3 in Houston and No. 7 in the nation. The public is invited back to Riverstone May 11-27 to see a home that will not be on the April tour, a custom show home by the American Society of Interior Designers (ASID).
• Sienna Plantation, a 7,800-acre development located along Highway 6 in Fort Bend County. With homes nestled in a forest of pecan and oak trees, Sienna also boasts three water parks, five on-site Fort Bend schools and Houston Community College. The nearby Fort Bend Parkway offers quick access to the Medical Center and downtown. It is Houston’s No. 5 top-selling community and is ranked No. 16 in the nation.
• Tuscan Lakes, an 870-acre community located in League City on State Highway 96 just two miles west of Interstate 45. This Tuscan-themed development is just minutes from the Johnson Space Center and the Kemah Boardwalk.
• Woodforest, a 3.000-acre development just seven miles west of Interstate 45 in South Montgomery County. Listed No. 7 among Houston’s top-selling communities and one of the 20 best-selling developments in the nation, Woodforest is minutes from some of Houston’s most exciting shopping and entertainment destinations. The public also can help celebrate the grand opening of a new Lake Conroe Fire Department in Woodforest 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. April 27, complete with food and children’s activities.
Tour maps are available at www.johnsondevelopment.com.
The Johnson Development Corp. has been actively developing residential and commercial projects in Houston, Atlanta and other areas for more than three decades.
About The Johnson Development Corp.